Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've away from the forum for a while, I traded in my B5.5 back in June for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I bought a bike and wanted something to tow it with. I rolled the Jeep a couple times a couple weeks ago and while I looked at alot of replacements I found myself right at home at the VW dealer. I drove a Passat 2.0t and a GLI. While the DSG'd GLI was a blast, the deal on the Passat was to good to pass up. If the GLI was a package 2 that probably would have done it. Anyway I am the proud new owner of a used Reflex Silver 2006 Passat 2.0t, package 2(includes sunroof, leather, and cold weather package). The car is 10 times better than the 5.5 was. The ride, handling, steering etc.... is very nice. It also has the Dynaudio Premium audio upgrade with XM radio. Rims and a couple minor upgrades will occur after the winter. It's good to be back!!!!!

No pics yet but everyone knows what a stock Passat looks like!!

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,783 Posts
You rolled a Grand Cherokee, I'm impressed. Hopefully all occupants were unharmed.

Welcome back :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
So I've away from the forum for a while, I traded in my B5.5 back in June for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I bought a bike and wanted something to tow it with. I rolled the Jeep a couple times a couple weeks ago and while I looked at alot of replacements I found myself right at home at the VW dealer. I drove a Passat 2.0t and a GLI. While the DSG'd GLI was a blast, the deal on the Passat was to good to pass up. If the GLI was a package 2 that probably would have done it. Anyway I am the proud new owner of a used Reflex Silver 2006 Passat 2.0t, package 2(includes sunroof, leather, and cold weather package). The car is 10 times better than the 5.5 was. The ride, handling, steering etc.... is very nice. It also has the Dynaudio Premium audio upgrade with XM radio. Rims and a couple minor upgrades will occur after the winter. It's good to be back!!!!!

No pics yet but everyone knows what a stock Passat looks like!!
If you don't mind, what was the deal you couldn't pass up?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
well, the deal breaker for me was that there is no dsg for us-spec passats
I really hope by the time it's time to trade up they're in there. I loved the feeling that the new TDI Jetta had with that in there, but loved the B5.5 Passat more. Next time around it may be hard to pass up.

TDI Passat w/ DSG... FTW!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you don't mind, what was the deal you couldn't pass up?

Both cars were pre-owned. The Passat had 12k on the clock with the above mentioned options for 21K!

The GLI was a package 1 DSG with 3k on the clock for 23k.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought

Value Edition 2.0t. Granite Green. Automatic. Love the look, the ride, etc.. First VW I've owned but have driven previously. Ignition is novel, anyone know of any other vehicles using the 'push button' start approach? I like it, but am curious about how it will wear over time.:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts