Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Last year I bought a lower-mileage 2015 Passat TSI.

I'd like to swap out the silver interior trim for wood grain pattern, at least in the larger pieces. I've located the two front pieces (561857211 and 561941557) and have confirmed that they match visually.

The other pieces I'd like to swap out are the left and light front and rear trim strips (for example part 561867420 B KP1).

However, all of the sites that carry them do not have pictures, and the descriptions vary. Some say "wood burl" some say "wood burl brown" and some say "sharp burl".

Were there different wood grain styles on the various trim packages / submodels of the B7 Passat? Any suggestions on how to get these six pieces and have them match?

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

Last year I bought a lower-mileage 2015 Passat TSI.

I'd like to swap out the silver interior trim for wood grain pattern, at least in the larger pieces. I've located the two front pieces (561857211 and 561941557) and have confirmed that they match visually.

The other pieces I'd like to swap out are the left and light front and rear trim strips (for example part 561867420 B KP1).

However, all of the sites that carry them do not have pictures, and the descriptions vary. Some say "wood burl" some say "wood burl brown" and some say "sharp burl".

Were there different wood grain styles on the various trim packages / submodels of the B7 Passat? Any suggestions on how to get these six pieces and have them match?

Thank you!
Hello,
I just purchased a 2013 Passat TDI with low miles and Im looking at changing out the trim. I have the wood grain style....im not 100% sure but I think both of our trim pieces are the same. Would you be willing to do a trade for them? If they are the same that is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey RCLM8,

I'm pretty sure that the pieces would fit, the "fitment" for the 2013 pieces listed on the various parts sites includes the 2015...

HOWEVER, after confirming the pieces would look alike (I had to use a convoluted process of comparison and logic) I found a pretty reasonable deal on the 6 main trim pieces online and bought them last night.

I probably will try to swap them in the next week or so. If it doesn't work out for some reason I'll contact you about a swap. Or maybe I'll sell you the trim pieces. Either way I'll have to see how the ones I got work out first.

Thanks

C

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey RCLM8,

I'm pretty sure that the pieces would fit, the "fitment" for the 2013 pieces listed on the various parts sites includes the 2015...

HOWEVER, after confirming the pieces would look alike (I had to use a convoluted process of comparison and logic) I found a pretty reasonable deal on the 6 main trim pieces online and bought them last night.

I probably will try to swap them in the next week or so. If it doesn't work out for some reason I'll contact you about a swap. Or maybe I'll sell you the trim pieces. Either way I'll have to see how the ones I got work out first.

Thanks

C
Hey RCLM8,

Thanks

C
Where did you find the deal? do they have any other colors available? Yeah let me know. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts