Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to stiffen up my suspension a bit. The cars running stock with 105k but I've noticed when cruising it kind of wobbles. I'm just wondering what I can upgrade to stiffen it up a bit so it doesn't feel quite so boaty

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would just put new OEM shocks/struts back on.
I'm looking to stiffen up my suspension a bit. The cars running stock with 105k but I've noticed when cruising it kind of wobbles. I'm just wondering what I can upgrade to stiffen it up a bit so it doesn't feel quite so boaty
I changed it Bilstein strut and shock. it's more stiffen than orginial.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good question. Recently, I ordered the Bilstein B4 Sport Suspension (shocks) for my B7 TDI. I will post how it handles after the install.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Post install...I love it. The shocks are great. Its a good mix of sport and comfort (to me, I am used to track cars). If I could make a comparison, the car feels closer to a BMW E60 530i with a sport package. The turn-in and midcorner attitude are not as precise but a huge improvement over stock. If you are looking for a plush ride this is not it, its much more stable and taught. There is a substantial amount fo feedback. I went with 034 Strut Tops and they are noisier than I would like but really help with the feedback.

All in I like it, I would recommend the comfort for those who want a plusher ride. Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts