Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I "painted" the rockers panels of my Passat in photoshop - tried to imitate the GLI - not bad (I think)!

Passat - Rocker Panels 01.jpg

Passat - Rocker Panels 02.jpg

* Lowered with H&R springs (Stock strut/shocks) - rides great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks David, I think subtlety is key - and yes it looks like I will have it done. Will most likely go the plasti-dip route; need that ability to back out if it doesn't go as planned!

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,195 Posts
Interesting how many B5ers wanted color matched rockers and B7ers want black...

Reactions: vbora01

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
^^ Its funny how we all want the opposite of what we have. Looks good though, i think you can pull it off nicely. I like mine painted. How's the ride on H&Rs?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Interesting how many B5ers wanted color matched rockers and B7ers want black...
And how the Euro crowd always wants painted rub strips and we want black to be more Euro! Silly concept really. At least VW has eliminated rub strips (like all other automakers at present moment.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I was a punk kid in the 80's body colored everything was all the rage. I actually taped my tail lights to match the body color, and yeah it was considered cool. What was I thinking? What comes around goes around I guess.

PS - I like the black rockers, looks pretty cool. Q

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I noticed you're from Toronto. Which part of the GTA you from? I'm looking at lowering my ride next year with HR sports (+OEM shocks and struts). How's the handling?

·
Registered
20 Posts
It doesn't look bad . But personally I like my cars to look as low as possible , this gives it the appearance that it has more ground clearance . But it's all in personal taste .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts