Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody here converted their stock halogen bulbs to LED? I bought a kit from Amazon aukee 18000 lumens per set (2) And I guess that it’s pretty typical for the H7 to be a pain in the ass to work with if anybody can point me in the right direction videos or anything will be a massive help thank you very much in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced my DRL and regular headlights with LEDs, but I didn't do the high beams, so probably can't give you the specific help you need. For me (2018 Passat S) the DRLs were quite easy. The headlights gave me some problems -- bulbs advertised on eBay as being CANBus-compatible weren't (so you get error messages on the dash). Finally found a set of 55W LED bulbs. Then had to get a set of adapters to convert the "normal" H7 bulbs to the VW bulb socket. But in the end they work just fine.
The high-beam bulbs in mine are H9, so if an adapter is needed it would be a different one.
Basically, I'd recommend searching YouTube for Passat headlight replacement. You should find what you need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried some H7 LED bulbs from Amazon which said they fit my 2014 tdi sel. They did not fit. I did research and found some bulbs need adapters. I bought the adapters and they didn't fit on the bulbs. Kept researching and seeing the brand Lasfit mentioned. These bulbs are $100 for the pair on Amazon. I went to their website and got $10 off and free shipping. They are as easy to change as....well as a light bulb. Took me about 5 minutes to have them both switched and there are no errors and the difference is amazing. Well worth the money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.