Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a little story to tell about my 06 B6.First of all I have two B6's.One for the wife with 20,000 plus miles and no problems. Mine is a different story. Had oil change every 5000 miles, so at 14840 miles I bring it to VW for oil change,every thing is fine. 16000 miles or so I hear this noise coming from the right side of the engine.Stop and check the oil, almost 3/4 qt. low. Now let me tell you that this noise was like my car became a diesel. There was a knocking noise on the right hand side of the motor. Brought it back to the dealer and they said this was normal, I told them I never head this noise before and I compared it with my wifes B6. Told them this was not normal. After driving for a few days and the knocking still there I brought it to another VW dealer.

They heard the knocking noise and said it was not normal. Left the car with them and they gave me a 06 Jetta loaner.
Buy the way, the passat drives so much better than the jetta. Anyway they could not find where the knocking noise was coming from, they went as far as pulling the head and putting everything back together and still the noise is there. VW sent a special QC tech to look into my car. Dealer said maybe they have to replace the motor. Well its been almost a month and they found the problem, cam shaft. Replacing Valve tran,both cam shafts and valves.:banghead: . Now I'll have to wait longer,parts on back order. I'm glad that this dealership found that I was not hearing things. Will never go back to the first one.

I'll post later on outcome.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Was the dealer that sold you car the one that couldn't find the problem?
Or the one that did find it?
I have heard of dealers not warrantying as much as the original seller did.
Same on loaners - bought it here, loaner. Didn't buy it here, no loaner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Purchase both cars in Florida at Gunther.Move to Raleigh NC in Feb. For me Gunther was always great.Purchase 3 VW's from them. The Dealer in Cary NC gave me the loaner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts