Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't like doing this chaps but,in short,own b5 work for honda dealer.honda rep comes up to us in a b6 so that we can compare the accord/accura equivalent.no contest!b6 feels cheap inside.honda has more torque,more power,more economy,more bells and whistles,and is cheaper! bloody ell! i might have to go japanese! i really didn't want to say that.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
bobber said:
i don't like doing this chaps but,in short,own b5 work for honda dealer.honda rep comes up to us in a b6 so that we can compare the accord/accura equivalent.no contest!b6 feels cheap inside.honda has more torque,more power,more economy,more bells and whistles,and is cheaper! bloody ell! i might have to go japanese! i really didn't want to say that.
An Accord with more power and torque than the B6? Must have been in Euro-trim, because there is no way for that to happen in the USA...if we're comparing 4's to 4's and 6's to 6's.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
You guys do realize that an Accord in Europe is an ACURA TSX, right?

More torque in the Honda? No way, not from the high-revving vtec.
Must have been a diesel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good to know ...

next time I am in europe I will be sure to look at one. Until then I will drive my inferior Passat and wish I had bought an Accord, what the heck was I thinking??? Oh I know .... I remember now .... I like my car better ... that is what is was.

·
Registered
171 Posts
bobber said:

Pitty is wasnt a US Honda, would have you running for the B6 anyday. :lol:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
bobber said:
Just curious! Do they use proper grammar / puntuation over in England..;)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
VWTreads said:
Where's lance when you need him ;)
How about an interpretation of an impersonation:

BRIT: Honda has more torque, more power, more economy, more bells & whistles, and is cheaper!

LANCE: UK Passat hater!

·
Rollin in the LAV
1,760 Posts
'Allo me old china - wot say we pop round the Jack. I'll stand you a pig and you can rabbit on about your teapots. We can 'ave some loop and tommy and be off before the dickory hits twelve.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ein richtiges Deutsches Auto gegen ein Honda?

Meine Gute...Wenn Mann ein Honda kauft statt ein VW, hat er nichts zu klagen wenn es kaput geht.

I've had one Honda product, a Motorcycle..it was fine. Honda is a good engineering company and produces fine products with many virtues.

It's impossible to buy a "German" Car from Honda...I'll keep buying VWs & BMWs and enjoy the virtues that are only avaialble in a German Engineered product.

Nuf said...

·
Registered
159 Posts
bobber said:
so what would be a honda equivalent to a b6? an accord? :lookout: isn't the b6 bigger than an accord?

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,432 Posts
Hondas are indeed reliable, but I scratched Honda off my potential shopping list when they discontinued the Accord wagon/estate. I am pleased to see VW still offering a Passat wagon/variant, although I wish they hadn't discontinued the Jetta wagon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JamesBondage said:
You guys do realize that an Accord in Europe is an ACURA TSX, right?

More torque in the Honda? No way, not from the high-revving vtec.
Must have been a diesel.

you're quite right sir.it was the diesel version.i seem to have upset a lot of people,not intentionally.i've owned nothing but german cars since the eighties.mercs,audis,and an endless stream of vee dubs.i am only stating what i hate to admit,and that is, in my opinion hondas' new diesel is better.it is well documented that build quality on german cars, especially mercs, is going down.the passat felt cheap,the honda felt expensive! slag me off if you want,but you are talking to a vw fanatic after all.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts