Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey world.

Did a cluster swap/update with the White CC cluster i pulled at a scrap yard for 40$ from a 2010 cc. Thought it was a basic take out old put in new, then found out it wasn't plug and play. Did some research found some forums with diagrams on how to re-pin the connection but i wasn't having any of that! Lack of knowledge and not trying to learn on the fly. 1 piece of info that stood out was the possibility of my Gas gage not working properly. Search some more and found a plug and play cable on ebay for a pretty good price compared to the DIY option.

- R36 36 to 32 Pins Plug&Play Instrument Cluster Adapter For VW Passat B6 Scirocco

Got it done yesterday and i say i am a happy camper. Love the look feels more modern and the cluster does the needle sweep!!
Just need to head back and pick up the matching dash trim above hazard button and on the passenger side, or might just paint it all to match next summer.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,593 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So couldn't settle on just the cluster! I found all the panel trim in a dark grey from a 2010. Even got a climatronic from a CC that also was a 3.6 4motion.. lucky lucky me it fully automated with dual side control and Auto Button that is key to life for me. I hate playing with temp settings. Basic plug and play except for 1 issue everytime i turned off the car and back on the setting would default back to A/C on and on max. Didn't care much since it was summer but now it needed a fix. Searched and found a post on another forum with sort of same issue. Solution was to pin out #16 & #20. Then put #16 in the 20 slot. Did that and works perfect now. Leave my car and come back to same setting including seat warmers. I also got a RNS-315 and can see my climatronic settings on the screen, and radio details in the cluster. Waiting for my GPS & bluetooth cable with mic so i can install the oe mic with BT button and the round dial to open the sunroof,9W2 module. The Radio has a issue with the internal bluetooth doesn't let me turn the audio ON in my phone when reconnecting. So i have to unpair and pair my phone each time i want music from my phone. But the 08 Retrofit to 2010 is looking good.

Ill take more pic when i get back in my car.
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Vehicle door Machine Auto part

Handwriting Circuit component Electronic engineering Computer hardware Office equipment

Font Computer hardware Electronic component Electronic device Gas

Audio equipment Gadget Gas Machine Electrical wiring

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So couldn't settle on just the cluster! I found all the panel trim in a dark grey from a 2010. Even got a climatronic from a CC that also was a 3.6 4motion.. lucky lucky me it fully automated with dual side control and Auto Button that is key to life for me. I hate playing with temp settings. Basic plug and play except for 1 issue everytime i turned off the car and back on the setting would default back to A/C on and on max. Didn't care much since it was summer but now it needed a fix. Searched and found a post on another forum with sort of same issue. Solution was to pin out #16 & #20. Then put #16 in the 20 slot. Did that and works perfect now. Leave my car and come back to same setting including seat warmers. I also got a RNS-315 and can see my climatronic settings on the screen, and radio details in the cluster. Waiting for my GPS & bluetooth cable with mic so i can install the oe mic with BT button and the round dial to open the sunroof,9W2 module. The Radio has a issue with the internal bluetooth doesn't let me turn the audio ON in my phone when reconnecting. So i have to unpair and pair my phone each time i want music from my phone. But the 08 Retrofit to 2010 is looking good.

Ill take more pic when i get back in my car. View attachment 104934
View attachment 104932
View attachment 104933
View attachment 104931
Automotive design Audio equipment Gas Vehicle audio Center console

Speedometer Car Trip computer Odometer Automotive lighting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts