Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the upgrade DVD from 3B to 4B. Anyone know what is different? Everything looks the same. I don't see any new roads. Maybe it won't give me the "Please insert Nav DVD" message when the DVD is already in the drive.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
I heard that it gets rid of warning screens when you start the car, and also has better maps(obviously). Were you are at it may not make a difference, were I live they bulid new roads/housing developement couple times a year.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard that it gets rid of warning screens when you start the car, and also has better maps(obviously). Were you are at it may not make a difference, were I live they bulid new roads/housing developement couple times a year.
Nope! The stupid warning thing is still there!

We have some new roads in the area but they aren't on the new DVD. Actually, I can't tell any difference in the 3B and 4B. I wish it made the radio read MP3s! That is still a big issue with me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nope! The stupid warning thing is still there!

We have some new roads in the area but they aren't on the new DVD. Actually, I can't tell any difference in the 3B and 4B. I wish it made the radio read MP3s! That is still a big issue with me.
Thats an easy fix, there is a firmware update for it. My '06 B6 w/MFD2 can play CDs and I didn't mess with it. www.vwnavi.com has the links for the firmware download

-t

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
The firmware version on MFD2 systems should be checked and updated during your scheduled service interval. Skip, before purchasing the NAV Update you should have checked to see if your area was re-mapped by NAVTEQ. Honestly, it does take a considerable amount of time before new roads are mapped in certain areas.

I must agree with you about the NAV system's inability to read MP3 CD/DVD's, but I guess I'll dump the changer for an 80GB IPod and connector.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
On the NAVTEQ website when you purchase your map update it lists all the new coverage areas that have changed since the last update.

Owners should also be aware that NAVTEQ has a new MAP REPORTER program where you can assist them with providing updates in your area.

I hope this helps,

Will aka The Swami

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the NAVTEQ website when you purchase your map update it lists all the new coverage areas that have changed since the last update.

Owners should also be aware that NAVTEQ has a new MAP REPORTER program where you can assist them with providing updates in your area.

I hope this helps,

Will aka The Swami
I couldn't find anywhere on Navteq where it showed updated areas. I didn't see anything new on my new DVD. It looks like all the POIs that were in the wrong locations on the ver 3B DVD are still wrong on 4B. Also seems like the routing is a lot slower on the new DVD. I'm glad I didn't pay anything for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts