Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have a b6 passat wagon 2.0tdi 136HP CBA model (made for Belgium market) with 257xxx kilometers/160000miles and i figured out i need more HP

As i watch on TV and read on forums a lot of people around the world know a lot of car mods and tuning so i need advices/help.

I was thinking if i can change my engine nozzles with Audi 3.0tdi engine nozzles and my turbo with audi 3.0 turbo?
Is this plug and play or? How do i know which one nozzles fit etc.?

Is there anything else i should change while doing installing this mods? For clutch and flywheel i know. I don't hear them but new is new.

After this engine mods i need to put bigger brake discs to stop all this horses yes?
I was already thinking about lowering a car with JOM coilovers.
Do i need to upgrade wheels and tyres to? now i run 16'' :D

I'm a beginner so i really don't know how to ask and where to start.

thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to say it's FWD. Hom much can i put power on FWD?

And i think i just realized that i cannot put audi nozzles in but i should change my nozzles for the nozzles from b6 170HP engine. yes?

·
Registered
26,976 Posts
You should look for local chipping companies. With a remap, you can add a good amount of power. Larger injectors and turbos should only be considered if you would not be content with a remap.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Actually nozzles should be the first choice. If you do a tune first and then go to bigger nozzles you'll have to get a new tune done for addition costs. Same applies to a bigger turbo.
On my Passat I just did the Malone Stage 2 tune and the result is what I wanted. I have no intentions to change nozzles or the turbo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should look for local chipping companies. With a remap, you can add a good amount of power. Larger injectors and turbos should only be considered if you would not be content with a remap.
Oh ok. I'll wait with a remap till flywheel says goodbye so i can change it and than remap. Thank you for your reply

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually nozzles should be the first choice. If you do a tune first and then go to bigger nozzles you'll have to get a new tune done for addition costs. Same applies to a bigger turbo.
On my Passat I just did the Malone Stage 2 tune and the result is what I wanted. I have no intentions to change nozzles or the turbo.
I'll see what i will do. I'm not sure yet. i have few other projects to finish first. thank you for your reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts