Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Passat B6 which I have kept in fairly good conditions (never missed a service). Its got 88K km (55k miles) on the clock.

The car is 13 years old and its got a 1.6 FSI engine.

In January, I parked the car near a market but it would not start. (When I try to start it, it would cut out immediately).

Had the car towed and the garage said the ECM was faulty. They could not fix the problem then next they said that the fuel pump was faulty.

I got the car back after 5 months (stayed for 3 months at the garage including confinement due to Covid 19) with a new ECM and fuel pump.

A week after I got the car back, the engine light came back on. A mechanic at another garage ran a diagnostics and said the oxygen sensor in the engine was faulty.

The car's range doesn't work properly since the fuel pump change. Whenever I put petrol in it, the range take a while to update (increase). It used to be instant as soon as I started the car prior to the repairs.

I am no mechanic and I am trying to figure out if the oxygen sensor needs to be replaced when the fuel pump is changed.

Thank you and kind regards,

Newton

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
fuel pump improperly installed,should update immediately as fuel is put in. Check connections for oxygen sensor ,I would find a better mechanic

1 - 2 of 2 Posts