Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Passat community, first post here.

Need your help!
I have a 2009 2.0T Passat that is leaking from somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find where.
Its leaking onto and dripping from bottom of the oil pan. I have removed the bottom engine cover to try and figure it out, tried removing the auxiliary water pump to get a better look but cant see anything.
From other threads I removed all the air cooling on the top of the engine to see if its was the coolant flange but its not this and there is no coolant near the transmission.
Im expecting a few people to say poss the water pump but from what i can see it does not look like this.

Really need some advise, I've done most of the work on the car myself and and yet to be defeated and take it to a shop.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
surfer here too! coolant flange is always suspect but as far as I know always with VAG A4/B5 platform 1.8s. and of course with water/coolant it could trickle and find an obtuse path through every nook and cranny in the engine (and of course the engineers made access really easy).I have the FSI transverse engine (08) You have the TSI (is it transverse also?) check turbo lines ,especially return line they get pithy ,and heater core in/out termination points

1 - 2 of 2 Posts