Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I agree with your desire - I've thought that it would really, really improve the look of the car. I've been looking how to do it - any other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Here is my stock A4 dual exhaust on an '03 1.8T FrontTrak

To do it on a Passat FWD probably would require swapping the gas tank or some other creative routing of the pipes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I forgot that there is no signatures, I have a B5.5 V6 4-Motion and I took a look at a 3.0L A4 today and it look like it is very possible, maybe a weld or two, and cut the two holes in the lower rear valence.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nenad, I can't tell from the picture, did you have make clearance in the bumber for the exhaust tip?

I am looking for something similar to what you have except for only a single exhaust tip since I have a 1.8t gls 2003. I am also trying to figure out if I could integrate the exhaust into the lower bumper like the A4.

Anyone have any ideas? Or completed something similar?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Meap said:
Nenad, I can't tell from the picture, did you have make clearance in the bumber for the exhaust tip?

I am looking for something similar to what you have except for only a single exhaust tip since I have a 1.8t gls 2003. I am also trying to figure out if I could integrate the exhaust into the lower bumper like the A4.

Anyone have any ideas? Or completed something similar?
Tips were half way integrated (aprox.40-45mm, tip is 90mm) in valance. aAmost all aftermarket mufflers will fit in bumper. You can face 2 problems, spare tire compartment (side of muffler should be "modified" with baseball bat or hammer); tube between muffler and resonator can hit suspension (control arms,wishbones,etc.) if rised to high, in that case tube should be slightly bent. Most likely we are speaking about 1" or less, left-right or up-down. You must modify position of mufflers' hanger.

Distance between my tips and valance were minimal 2-3mm and no problems with melting of valance,etc. caused by heat.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nenad, your car looks :thumbup: . how do you like the sound of the Remus exhaust? I want something a can hear but I don't want anything too loud.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Remus is not loud at all, sporty throaty yes. Check sound clip on www.Remus.at you have English page, go to car sound. There is no B5 there but you can have good impresion about sound. Do not choose universal models, they are loud (to small housing, in order to fit under all types of cars) go for car type specific mufflers.They meet all standards and goverment requirements.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
Nenad
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing