Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall!
I've been fighting with my Passat since I got the car, the only code that keeps coming back is P2014. I've changed the intake twice now, the first time did the trick for about 20K and then the second time, the intake came with an updated valve (which I assume comes with a update for the system?) The code still wouldn't clear, I wasn't able to set adaptation. I cleared the codes, and P2014 relating to the intake manifold flap and P2181 relating to the cooling system is also showed up and comes back.
The vehicle just reached 99,500 and the low pressure light came on, after testing the pressure, it was 2.5 PSI so right under the 2.7 PSI minimum. We figured that we'll just put thicker oil for the next oil change and see if that helps since it seems that the engine is burning oil, probably due to it being worn out by the previous owners with infrequent oil changes.
Does anyone have any insight to offer on this engine/vehicle?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the same car and it has been a constant problem since getting it... Are you pulling any codes with the oil pressure light? I have gotten that light twice since owning the car and both times it was a faulty pcv. Are there any other symptoms? Is it running rough? Also with the intake, you are within the mileage... Well you were in September, but under 120k qualifies... there is a TSB on the intake system, the flap tends to stick on the old version. That's what that code is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts