Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(i know some people will give me shit about street racing, but i really dont care)
ok then,.....i pulled up to a light today next to a worked wrx, and decided to rev my engine. he reved back, and the race was on. i got a great launch, and quickly shifted into 2nd. at this piont i glanced over and saw that the wrx was neck and neck with me. i thought he was going to pull on me.....but it never happened. as i shifted into 3rd i was ACTUALLY pulling on him :???: WTF?????? i could tell by his exaust that he was on it, and his shifts were pretty good too (could tell by b.o.v.) .how could this happen?????? all i have done to my car an apr chip and its a 2000 1.8t

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
He should have killed you off the line. AWD launches are easy...floor it, sidestep the clutch.

Maybe he had an auto, and was letting off every so often so that it would make the WHOOOSH sound to make you think he had a manual :p

Really though, if his BOV is loud as hell, then hes probably venting to atmosphere...meaning hes not tuning his car to go fast...hes just making his car sound ricy...and with nice 15s :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.