Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..................I GOT SMOKED.............. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I knew I would, but what the hell! I guess they don't have a limiter because I was hoping to pull on him after 120mph, but even at 130mph he was still pulling. It was fun though!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
B5in said:
..................I GOT SMOKED.............. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I knew I would, but what the hell! I guess they don't have a limiter because I was hoping to pull on him after 120mph, but even at 130mph he was still pulling. It was fun though!!!
The US version is limited at 130. However, that can be removed with a chip, so that may be the reason he was still pulling.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
I can't feel your pain since I smoked one 4 times in the same night... :lol:
Twice from a standstill and twice on a rolling start. He couldn't believe he got beaten by a PASSAT.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
I haven't had the luxury of pulling up to one yet but when I do I am hoping for the same outcome as Ronnie. (VWGUY4EVER) :wink:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Macabre said:
Enter the R32 Defense League ;)
I'll volunteer as a member! I test drove an R32 a couple months ago and nearly nutted myself. But walking away from it, as fun and cool as it is, I'm still way happier with my Passat for a long term relationship. Instead of street racing, that's what we should discuss. Would you rather have a Passat or an R32? :)

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Why not have both....I do! :p

And the R32 is a different creature than a modified Passat.
They handle quite different. My old Passat had way less body roll, but that is with a lot of suspension tweaks.
If I were to but coils on the R32, I don't think much would shake it.
Than again, I have tested it on a course, so judgement is still out.

They are totally different cars, but the fit and finish is equal.
And the R32s note, is far nicer and meaner than my 2.5 cat back exhaust on my old Passat. The Passat grabbed more in the higher revs while the R32 is all low end.

It is hard to compare two cars that are very different. Don't compare a S4 to A8.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.