Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo,changed the engine some days ago,its v6 2,5 tdi 4motion,now i cant start the car,first problem is,starter will turn only in reverse gear(automatic transmision) in any other gear the starter wont even move,didnt do anything in gearbox or wiring,dont know what would cause this problem,somewhone have some suggestions?

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
Did you change the engine or did a shop do it? I would expect the shift cable mount to the trans was loosened on it's mount and is not in proper alignment.

Reactions: Davis2020

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you change the engine or did a shop do it? I would expect the shift cable mount to the trans was loosened on it's mount and is not in proper alignment.
I did it,and yes,took some long time but the shift mount was not i propper position and was showing one gear lower that actuall

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
So you fixed the problem? If not, the cable mount is still in the wrong position.

Reactions: VAGguy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you fixed the problem? If not, the cable mount is still in the wrong position.
Yes,gear stick now is in the right position,but still car wont start,even checked the timing is corret(have that proper timing tools) everything is in timig,but car still is dead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts