Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Lately I've been looking into to purchase an A4 but saw a passat that look like one. Are they the same body style? Can you interchange with the A4 parts?

Thank You.
Ron

·
0 Posts
Same chassis different body, The passat has been called the A4 with real back seats!

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Wheelbase comparison:
A4= 103"
Passat(5/5.5)= 106.3/106.4
A6= 108.7"

I first fell in love with B5's after driving my cousin's A4, but need the extra room of the Passat. A6's have 2" more wheelbase, but after sitting in a A6, I do not see any extra room, whereas no one can ride in the back seat of an A4 when I am driving.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Either way, you won't regret it. The newness of my 1 year 2 month and 10 day old passat still hasn't worn off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies. Some good info. I'm leaning more towards the Passat. Seems I can get a newer Passat cheaper and with less miles then an A4. Looks sweet lowered with rims. I saw they have a rs6 body kit for it.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yeah, but it didn't get good reviews. From what I hear it is really low quality. There are some other options though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
l5gcw0b said:
Wheelbase comparison:
A4= 103"
Passat(5/5.5)= 106.3/106.4
A6= 108.7"

I first fell in love with B5's after driving my cousin's A4, but need the extra room of the Passat. A6's have 2" more wheelbase, but after sitting in a A6, I do not see any extra room, whereas no one can ride in the back seat of an A4 when I am driving.
I chose my Passat over several A4's that I was interested in purely because of the room in the back seat. With a family of 5, there was no way they would fit in the A4. The CA$8,000 less price and less miles of the Passat over the same year A4 I looked at also helped.

We have gone on several long trips taking my Passat over the mini-van and have been comfortable the whole way.

I am 6'3" so having someone (even a 5-year old) sitting behind me in the A4 would not have worked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts