Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a left rear regulator for my 1999 Passat Sedan. Can one use the wagon version in the sedan? I know the part numbers are different (3B5839461A vs. 3B9839461). But I've seen them in the same listing as compatible, and sometimes they are listed as different. I ask because I've noticed the wagon version is usually cheaper, for some reason. I've also seen the B5 sedan/wagon (3B2/3B5) and B5.5 sedan/wagon (3B3/3B6) as compatible...

·
Registered
992 Posts
I can't help with the window regulator inter-change but I do know the rear doors themselves are different between wagon and sedan.

·
Registered
26,602 Posts
They are not compatible. The rear door is a different shape between the wagon and sedan. The window motors might be interchangeable.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, thanks. I ordered a repair kit, and they all seem to use a non-OE design for the window clip which doesn't allow snaping the window into the clip AFTER first installing the pin into the window hole. It looks like you must jury rig some way to install the pin once the window is lowered onto the clip. Anyone have experience doing that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts