Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

B5 passat rear seat back removal (varied)

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ashab 
#1 ·
Hi ive searched around and seen a few posts about removing the rear seats in a b5 passat, mine is a 99 sedan for reference, but none that cover my specific issue so im looking for some advice. Removing the seat bottoms is simple enough but how/can i remove the seat back (the folding part not the bench you sit on). Thanks in advance

#2 ·
The seats get removed from the trunk area. On the back side of the seat (flat part) the hinges are bolted to the back of the seat.
Remove those bolts.

#3 ·
There's two plastic pieces near the head rests that you have to pull up if you want to fold the seats down, I'd fold them down and see where they're bolted at the bottom. You might have to lift out the carpet from the boot/trunk.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Yea ive done all that already and its not clear if the same brackets that hold the seat are also where the seat belts attach. I found a video of someone removing the seat backs from a 99 jetta and for whatever reason the passat is 5 times harder and completely different haha thanks though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.