Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

B5 of the Month for February 2004: Keith Minjoot (BTR)

28K views 71 replies 64 participants last post by  p900doc 
#1 ·

Here it is everyone, February's B5 of the month!! This one has a picture of a Passat's cockpit with the steering wheel on the left!

Click the picture to view.

See less See more
#15 ·
I knew you would get this honor eventualy and Scuba and Tumber, i had asked him about the hood a while back and this is what he sent me
Hi Jordan... it was a total custom job. We made the mold using the factory bonnet as a sample then cut the openings. Presently, it only has two vents just after the radiator. It was done to lower the engine temp. Basically, the standard bonnet does not really channel air out of the engine bay and i noticed that my running temps built up pretty quick and high. in the past, when i hit 235kmh, my water temp and oil temp would be very high, above 115 degrees celcius. After i did the bonnet, even at 235kmh, the water temp is below 105. Costing was about US$800. Will be opening some vents soon to channel air into the intake once I get the bigger turbo setup.
He is a very nice guy and definately deserves this honor :bow:

#16 ·
I knew it,I knew it.. :thumbup: I wouldn't be more happy if I would be on your place.
Like I wrote more than once - this IS the best balanced project I saw up to now. Best B5.5 sedan south of North Pole :bow:
Have feeling that someone heard my voice on forum, feels good.

p.s. how did you solve problem of raining and hood (when I buy charger for V6, I want to do some ducts as well but I am afraid of lots of rain and snow here)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.