Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not a passat, but the guy behind my dad is selling a Betts wagon with the TDI. He wants $6000 for it. Too much? I'm interested but I think it's rather pricey.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
You are going to have to clarify: "B5" refers specifically to a Passat/A4; other than also being made by VW, and occasionally sharing some engines, the two products are not really related. You haven't told us anything about the model year, mileage, or condition. There are a bazillion used car calculators out there that can give a starting point on pricing the thing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
honestly if you are using "B5" to reference the jetta is 98-05 model year, I wouldnt give more than $3000 for the usual condition these cars are found in.

ASSUMING, car is in perfect condition and was kept in climate control storage with extremely low miles, with every maintenance record available with proof of parts/fluids used, then MAYBE $4500 tops

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
honestly if you are using "B5" to reference the jetta is 98-05 model year, I wouldnt give more than $3000 for the usual condition these cars are found in.

ASSUMING, car is in perfect condition and was kept in climate control storage with extremely low miles, with every maintenance record available with proof of parts/fluids used, then MAYBE $4500 tops
thats what i thought. i offered him $2500 but he isnt in any hurry to sell. hes going to sit on it until he finds his idiot. i believe it to be a 2000. and around 170K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts