Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know b5-turbonium has this on his B5. And I kinda like the idea too so I'm thinking about doing it.

Any ideas what's the most cost-effective resource to obtain one? And remember it's for a B5 not B5.5. Satin silver is preferable, though not a necessity.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you have a Euro trunk and put US plates on the car, you may indeed scratch your paint because the plate is too big for the slot. There's a guy that live is in the Virgin Islands that has some pics of his car you could reference...

I'm trying to find the link...

Edit: Having trouble finding it!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
eberleb said:
If you have a Euro trunk and put US plates on the car, you may indeed scratch your paint because the plate is too big for the slot.
I guess virgin island plates are not the same size as NA plates cuz mine fit in there quite nice. I could have moved them even higher so it would fit in there perfectly but I wanted it to be centered with the euro plate.

Also I drilled my US plates to fit my trunk cuz I'm cheap, but you could get the converter plate that converst the mounting pattern from euro to US from any saab dealer, cuz saab 900's bumpers are drilled only for europlate and u need an adaptor plate to mount us plates on them.

·
Registered
921 Posts
CAN I GET A SIDE BY SIDE
SHOT
SOORY IM A BIT SLOW
BUT
I STILL CANT SEE THE DIFFERENCE, IS IT WORTH ALL THAT, IT LOOKS THE SAME TO ME

IT SOUNDS INTERESTING BUT, ID RATHER A BUMPER FILL IN FROM MATTIG
I MAKES THE BACK LOOK SMOOTHER

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Turbox > not sure if you figured it out by now or now but here:

Don't know who the other one is, i used Google.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts