Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

B5 center armrest handle [b]now available separately[/b]!!!

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  RechtsFahren 
#1 ·
How many of you out there have a center armrest that won't stay closed? There is good new Virtual World now offers the latch handle in two colors black and tan!

Take a look here: http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/products_detail.asp?PartNumber=3B0868445A94

If you need one don't waste any time there is not telling when they will run out of these, Meg said "These are flying out the door"

#7 ·
V6er if the link does not work at least you can go and browse their website how do you think I found it. Now go on git
hehehe

#12 ·
Resurrecting an old thread here to inform anyone needing a replacement latch for the center armrest that an inexpensive alternative is available from the dealer. I asked the dealer parts person about the VW part number I got via this thread and he said they had superseded it with a new number....exact same part but instead of it being 10 some dollars it's only 3 some dollars and they have it in stock! So ask for 3B0-868-445B41 at your local dealer.

#14 ·
Snipe said:
dam i got black leather on mine. where can i find it, but black leather style ? err i mean not just the handle but the whole top part?
On Ebay search for "passat armrest" and a whole bunch of complete upper armrest assemblies should come up (~$23). These are produced in China for the Chinese -assembled Passats.

#15 ·
RechtsFahren said:
On Ebay search for "passat armrest" and a whole bunch of complete upper armrest assemblies should come up (~$23). These are produced in China for the Chinese -assembled Passats.
Interesting. Anyone ordered one of these? If so, how was the quality? Judging from the pictures, the ones advertised as leather do not look like real leather. Be mindful that shipping is high because it comes from overseas, $35 or so.

#17 ·
vwfleet said:
Interesting. Anyone ordered one of these? If so, how was the quality? Judging from the pictures, the ones advertised as leather do not look like real leather. Be mindful that shipping is high because it comes from overseas, $35 or so.
No, can't be leather, but from the close-up photos the quality appears similar to factory, which makes sense, because those parts are now made in China for the Chinese Passats. I think they mean, ~"this is the vinyl one you buy if you have the leather interior."

You know, a Chinese version of the original B5 is still being built in China, with a few tweaks, including more chrome, the crystal clear lenses, and IIRC it has the long wheelbase like the Skoda Superb.

#20 ·
In case anyone else reads this with the same problem, I suggest if a dealer is near give them a call and price the part. It's basically the same price as online and you can have it now instead of waiting for it to ship, plus you will not have to pay shipping. I just purchased one from my local dealer (who also had them in stock) and it was a quick and easy 2 min install.

#21 ·
VWTreads said:
In case anyone else reads this with the same problem, I suggest if a dealer is near give them a call and price the part. It's basically the same price as online and you can have it now instead of waiting for it to ship, plus you will not have to pay shipping. I just purchased one from my local dealer (who also had them in stock) and it was a quick and easy 2 min install.
Exactly what I was getting at in my earlier post. If in need of a black one, order part number 3B0-868-445B41 and it'll only be $3.60. I'm sure other colors have an equivalent number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.