1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Those pods are for the mk4, golfs and jettas, not the audi a4. I email'ed them a while back, and they said that the A pillar's shape is different than our cars, and it wont fit.

Someone here bought one a while back and said he modified it to get it to fit into our a-pillars.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any other options?

Here's the car for hits:

·
Registered
206 Posts
there is a guy who adapted the golf a pillar pod from 42 draft designs to fit his passat

i've asked the guys at 42 draft designs if they had plans to make one for the passat

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I bought the pillar pod for a MkIV from them and after some trimming, it fits pretty well. You'd almost not know it was designed for a different car.

·
Banned
2,107 Posts
i just receieved my Audi A4 steering column pod from NewSouthPerformance.com

It fits on top of the stock column and is held down by tape...i'm personally going to use wacky tacky instead of tape.

i'll put up pics after the install...
These are from their site:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool. Since I don't have a bung for an AF meter installed in my DP yet, I only got the single pod. I'm sure you all will see my single pod for sale in the next few weeks once I end up getting the A/F gauge installed!

I think I'm going to try to cover my pod in matching fabric... Will post photos...

·
Registered
882 Posts
I don't believe anyone makes an A Pillar Pod specifically for the Passat w/Air Bag. Some can be massaged to work. SPP has integrated A Pillar Pod but very pricey. Bottom line is to proceed at your own risk. I don't think a manufacturer wants the liability.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
MikeVW
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing