Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**70.00 USD*** for B5/B5.5 3mm thick skidplate fabrique a la chine plus shipping

depending on the number of interested people.

here is a picture of the actual item. there is no triangular wings on each side like the Thor plates. Just one seamless piece.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
cost vs end product?

what is this made out of ? I live in ontario and woudln't want to see it get rusted quickly

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cost vs end product?

what is this made out of ? I live in ontario and woudln't want to see it get rusted quickly
it is made out of 3mm aluminum and the price of the product is 70 USD plus shipping to the USA from China obviously.
by china post registered I estimate 30-40 USD dollars.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I'm interested, but I have a couple of concerns.

1) The B5/5.5 needs something to keep the wheel well liners in place along their bottom edge, otherwise they'll just get pushed into the tire from the air pressure under the car and get destroyed. Is there something included to attach the wheel well liners to the skid plate?

2) The B5/5.5 belly pan mounts are very different from what the pics are showing. I'd like to see how this plate mounts on a B5/5.5, as I really don't see how this would mount properly...

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
this thread is closed until I hear from the admin re: this, per our previous discussion via PM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.