Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 V6 passat. I just bought the car a few weeks ago and on the way home from work this morning the battery light and alternator workshop script appeared in the cluster. I took it to the auto shop to get the battery and alternator checked. Both came back with good results so I'm confused as to what could possibly be the issue. I do have some engine codes related to instrument cluster module failure and O2 sensors (from no cats) but I don't see how that would relate. Fuses check out ok. instrument cluster works good. Only thing I can think of is maybe a ground wire somewhere? Any ideas on the problem or where to start testing wires? The shop guys think its a short somewhere but want to charge me $78/hr just to randomly try to find it so obviously I'd rather try to find it myself. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery light isn't intermittent but constantly on. According to the previous owner, the alternator is only a few months old. When I took it to the garage it was on their computer for an hour and they said the alternator was running correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts