Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching for a while with no luck, I want to run my City Lights on either my fog light detent or rear fog light detent (euro switch already installed)

The reason behind this is for a demon eye look, I want to install red LEDs in there but obviously don't want them illuminated all the time. I looked into de-pinning my headlight connector but appears the city lights are tied to side markers and rear license plate lights at that point.

I can't find a pin-out of my headlight connectors but my new idea is to run a wire from pin 10 of the headlight connector (rear fog light detent) to both front city lights at my headlight connectors. but I can't find which pin in the headlight connector is the city lights - any help?

Looking for a pin out of both headlight connectors, or an easier way if anyone can think of one or has done this before.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,713 Posts
If you want to use the front fogs at all without the demon eyes, they obviously can't share the same circuit. You know that.

Running a wire from the rear fog terminal on the switch to the city lights is fine, but I would still fuse it to be safe. You will need to cut the wire to the city lights at the headlight assembly so it will not illuminate on the parking position and also not back-feed to the switch/side markers. Use a multi-meter set on continuity to find the wire coming in at the headlight connector that corresponds with the city light wire inside the assembly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah of course I'd run an inline fuse in the circuit, would be an incredibly small amp draw from just 2 LED city lights but always good to have a fuse incase my wiring goes bad lol.

and I guess I could break out the meter to see which circuit the city lights are was just hoping someone knew the pinout, the lazy way.

I found one more option that I'm going to try but don't have very high hopes, found 194 LED bulbs that are remote controlled to turn on/off.. Assuming quality is junk but for $20 it's worth a shot.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,713 Posts
I searched and searched. Nothing could get me a pin assignment of either side of that connector.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the alldata wiring diagrams are pretty junky as far as pin outs go, little confusing.. I also did quite a bit of searching, but thanks for the effort!
And thansk Iowegin, I've seen that thread but i'll brush through it again I may have missed something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts