Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I have three wheels I really like, but I can't decide if I want 18's or 19's and which of the four styles.

They will go on this car, a 2002 W8 Passat

First, I really like these because they remind me of the SLR McLaren and those cool wheels. I dunno if they will look good on a W8 passat with 2+" of drop but I think they will look good.
http://www.usarim.com/audi-wheels-s...turers_id=1&osCsid=2rhqqp72ck28pbtbaa2q02sks7

Second these, they are a modest quite wheel. But I am thinking they are too subtle.
http://www.usarim.com/audi-wheels-s...turers_id=1&osCsid=2rhqqp72ck28pbtbaa2q02sks7

OR! Do I go with A8L wheel? 18's possibly? maybe 19's?

and lastly, I think these are the ones I am leaning towards since they have some dish to them and look similar to the A8L wheels but better

which would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
I'm more the subtle/functional guy. I had 18" BBS RE's on my 6 speed. Nice satin finish and were only 20.9lbs per wheel (forged). They were lighter & stronger than the stock 17 inchers. I don't think they make them anymore tho. I wanted a strong wheel with the added weight of the W8. I didn't want to be bending wheels every other day living in NJ at the time. I had them for 3 years and drove the streets of Philly and NYC without ever bending a wheel..

·
So low, I gotsta drive 3 miles to get around the s
1,320 Posts
Get the 1st set you choose the maclaren lookin ones and get 18s. 19's are to heavy. Just be slammed with whatever you get and stretch tires for sure

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,711 Posts
just get W8 OEM BBS VZ's :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
uuugh don't EVER stretch the tires. They look horrible. but each person has their on opinion. Personally i HATE stretch, and poke. I think it makes the car look retarded. Go with whatever wheels you like. You might be able to look through using the search function and find the wheels you're thinking of getting with other members that may have them.

- Matt
PNW

·
So low, I gotsta drive 3 miles to get around the s
1,320 Posts
uuugh don't EVER stretch the tires. They look horrible. but each person has their on opinion. Personally i HATE stretch, and poke. I think it makes the car look retarded. Go with whatever wheels you like. You might be able to look through using the search function and find the wheels you're thinking of getting with other members that may have them.

- Matt
PNW
I can understand why people wouldn't like the stretched look. But personaally I LOVE it :) Gotta love some good ol Euro stretch. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts