Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a commercial for the Black & Decker Quick Start earlier, and the actor was driving a nice looking Variant with what looked to be 5-spoke 17" rims on it. First time I've seen a Passat on a commercial that wasn't a Passat commercial. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
yep and it showed how unrealiable these passats are ...... it was raining and the car didnt want to start and the son had the hocky mask on .......

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
that wouldn't work so well for a proof of reliability.
as far as i know, black and decker has had yet to produce a car.
kinda hard to compare the two :p lol

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
not talking about Black&Decker ... talking about the reliablity of the VW Passat and how the commerical shows our car as having a dead battery....

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still running on my OEM battery from 2002. I don't think battery life has too much to do with reliability, either. A battery could be drained by simply leaving your lights on.

·
Registered
399 Posts
> A battery could be drained by simply leaving your lights on.

True, but the Passat shuts off the headlights with the ignition, leaving just the parking lights on. These turn off in an hour or so.

Are you sure it's a Passat and not an Audi? The headrests don't look right.

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
i remember when i saw the commerical i told myself "the passat was the winner of the audition for the Broken down Car Part and bad enough it was a VARIANT:cry: that got the part ..........."

·
Registered
550 Posts
I saw the commercial. Definitely a variant - from the looks of the wheels and mirrors, it was a pre-'05 Silverstone GLX V6.

·
No finga, No finga!
630 Posts
saw that one too
Did you guys notice in one of the Allstate comercials were there is an accident in an alleyway one of the cars is a B5/B5.5 sedan. A woman was driving it down the alleyway and i believe it was an Honda that hit it.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I noticed that too, and I keep trying to see if it really was a Passat. It flashes on and off the screen too fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts