Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get into the GB for the Neuspeed springs and Koni shocks but would like to see some pics of that setup on a 1.8T B5.5. Eibachs were my first choice but read about the saggy rear so would like to know if NS\Koni setup does the same. Pics very much what im looking for. Here is a pic of my car I took from my camera phone. Not sure if I posted correctly.
<body>

</body>

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
well, you can host directly from your computer if you set it up that way, but it's not recommended unless you're online 24/7

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
D.Passat00 said:
well, you can host directly from your computer if you set it up that way, but it's not recommended unless you're online 24/7
...and you would need a static IP address, which most of us don't have.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
well, i think you'd probably have to use dydns or something like that too. it really depends....i had a static ip when i was living on campus in college.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Hosting from your home PC...what a wonderful way to invite a hacker in. Please, tell me, what is your domain? I need a new open mail relay.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
TopG_NJ said:
I wanted to get into the GB for the Neuspeed springs and Koni shocks but would like to see some pics of that setup on a 1.8T B5.5. Eibachs were my first choice but read about the saggy rear so would like to know if NS\Koni setup does the same.
I don't know where you read that but I have the Eibach set up and it sits perfectly, no sagging at all. Also what you may want to think about is that in the VW mags the springs that are for sale are Eibach manufactured springs.

Althought Neuspeed makes some good products they do not make products espcially for VW/Audi, however Eibach does. They also have a better reputation.

Here's a Pic of my car on the Eibachs. (sorry it's so hard to see... when I took the pics I wasn't trying to focus on teh suspension).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Awesome lookin car!
My only suggestion would be to remove the front license plate if your local cops aren't very anal about it.

Great job on the wheels!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Awesome lookin car!
My only suggestion would be to remove the front license plate if your local cops aren't very anal about it.

Great job on the wheels!
Thanx! I appreciate the positive feedback. :wink:

I'll definitely consider removing the front plate, I had never really thought about it before but I bet it'd look great.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Is it easy to remove the attached front license plate frame? It doesn't look right without the license plate and the frame still on there.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
therockshow182 said:
TopG_NJ said:
I wanted to get into the GB for the Neuspeed springs and Koni shocks but would like to see some pics of that setup on a 1.8T B5.5. Eibachs were my first choice but read about the saggy rear so would like to know if NS\Koni setup does the same.

Althought Neuspeed makes some good products they do not make products espcially for VW/Audi, however Eibach does. They also have a better reputation.
Who says they have a better reputation? And Neuspeed started out as strictly VW/Audi, and currently have products for Honda/Acura. Eibach, on the other hand, has products for almost every Make and Model out there...you can buy an Eibach Lift kit for your ford expedition if you wanted to.

Just a heads up, cuz your info is wrong.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I love those rims, they remind me of the wheels that Saab put on the 2003 9-3SS with the Sports Package. Very, very nice! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
17 Participants
rollininstyle2004
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing