Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 passat wagon with the 1.8t yesterday it threw a cel so i went to check it and i heard some clicking from under my seat and then my hazards flashed 4 times and the tool told me it couldnt connect, now the car misfires under boost. Has anyone had this problem before?

·
in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
2,563 Posts
Its just an obd2 scan tool my work has
Just to eliminate a probable cause, try to connect that tool to another car and see if it works correctly. You just want to be sure that the tool is working right.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to eliminate a probable cause, try to connect that tool to another car and see if it works correctly. You just want to be sure that the tool is working right.
The tool works on my other car perfectly fine

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
It looks like you may have water damage to the CCM and/or its wiring.
I don't know if the links below are still functioning.

WATER INGRESS AND SOLUTIONS

It looks like you have a problem with the floor harnesses and grounds or the CCM, you can get this fault with or without water ingress.
Locate and fix source of water ingress, if any.
I suggest you completely unwrap all of the CCM harness and pull the wires apart to find the splices, any corroded splices need
to be cut back, soldered, and covered with marine grade heat shrink tubing. (You might need to add short wires to replace what you cut out)
Also check ground connections (1 on floor and on "A" Pillar), and check CCM/TCM and "A" Pillar connectors.

Have a good look at these links, before you start.

NOTE: The car in this DIY is UK RHD. (the CCM is always on LHS)
VW Passat CCM harness repair | HeadFUZZ

This thread attempts to bring together all the problems regarding water ingress and their solutions.
Water Ingress and Solutions

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
Another possibility is cracked solder joints where the relay is connected to the CCM PCB.
You will need to get this right before you can address the original issue.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another possibility is cracked solder joints where the relay is connected to the CCM PCB.
You will need to get this right before you can address the original issue.
I have just gone through and rewired the entire ccm so im really hoping thats not the problem

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,016 Posts
I have just gone through and rewired the entire ccm so im really hoping thats not the problem
It's worth a look at the PCB at least. You're looking for a ring around a solder joint, basically.

Good resources:

Cold solder joint:

Cold and Cracked solder joints:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's worth a look at the PCB at least. You're looking for a ring around a solder joint, basically.

Good resources:

Cold solder joint:

Cold and Cracked solder joints:
Im not too knowledgeable on the acronyms what is the pcb and where would i find it in my car

·
in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
2,563 Posts
Im not too knowledgeable on the acronyms what is the pcb and where would i find it in my car
PCB = Printed Circuit Board

That is the electronic board where all the components are soldered on. You may want to look at it carefully to see whether any component has got loosened.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PCB = Printed Circuit Board

That is the electronic board where all the components are soldered on. You may want to look at it carefully to see whether any component has got loosened.
Oh boy that sounds like a lot of fun I'll check it out when i get home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts