Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New to the forum, so apologies if it's not in the right place. I was recently involved in an accident where the front clip of my 05 wagon was completely trashed. I bought it back from the insurance and I plan on replacing everything and getting her back on the road but I needed some info.

I found a donor car on facebook. It's an 01 b5.5 with an in-tact front end. Only problem is that it's a sedan. She's asking 500 for the car since it doesn't run but I figured if I got it as a parts car, I'd definitely be in the black if the front clip fits.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the wagon and sedan clips?

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
267 Posts
If I can think of it, the only difference in my head is the v6 vs 1.8t where the fans go. I'm not real sure as I don't have a 1.8t to look at right off. But that's just a little more work unbolting some and relocating others. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
If I can think of it, the only difference in my head is the v6 vs 1.8t where the fans go. I'm not real sure as I don't have a 1.8t to look at right off. But that's just a little more work unbolting some and relocating others. I could be wrong though.
The front carrier (radiator core support) is completely different between the V6 and 1.8.
The whole intake portion (intercoolers and piping) is mounted on the bottom and behind the carrier as the V6 doesn't have any of that.
The snub mount maybe different also. Not sure on that one though.

·
Registered
04 2.8 4motion wagon
463 Posts
If the $500 car is same as yours with same engine do yourself a favor and hang on to it. I have an 04 4motion wagon and have made a few trips to junk yard for different things. Its my first Passat that I just got to use in winter to save my other vehicle from salt, and have learned that they have many issues, at least when they are this old. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts