Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I thought I would share what I learned while installing an aftermarket cruise control with totally nonsense-colored cables.
It was a pain in the a** to install it for the first time, because I found a diagram which had my cable colors but it was wrong. So the second time I took my good old multimeter and checked which cable does what exactly. The attached wiring diagram is for these colors only. This cruise control system with the wiring costed only 22.38€ for me on ebay. I'll try to contact the seller to upload my diagram to the product site.

CC.jpg

The aftermarket CC:
s-l1600 (1).jpg

If the pictures would ever disappear:

T15 WHITE CONNECTOR

T15a/10 ENABLE - Black&White ----------> Black&Yellow + Black&Yellow
T15a/7 ON/OFF - Red&Grey --------------> White
T15a/8 RESUME - Blue -------------------> Blue
T15a/9 SET - Red&Yellow ----------------> Red&Yellow

T10 ORANGE CONNECTOR

T10e/8 12v - Red&White ----------------> Black&Blue

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,906 Posts
that's pretty neat! looks like you stumbled across the old retrofit kit for gl/gls base-lines.

there's also a couple kits out there for comfort turn signals (3 blink), and heated seats.

the turn signal one is pretty readily oem available still, but the heated seat as you can imagine was never really popular, and hard to find unless on ebay :(

·
Registered
VW PASSAT
5 Posts
In the UK a company called HazzyDayz fitted new genuine cruise control to my 2003 VW Passat and it’s works great and must of been fitted about 10 years ago with zero retreat, I would love to have the money to go back to them to get the option of the new fog lights. After the fitter had finished with my car he had a call from VW/Audi dealership to attend the workshop to sort out the cruise control on a customers car that had been dropped into them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts