Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the H7 Philips xenon kit, and would like ideas for a good location spot to place my ballasts...

Would you have pics of where you installed yours ?

Cheers... :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mine is mounted to the headlight housing... :wink: What type of ballasts do you have? When I had the standard H7 headlamps, I located one Hella ballast under the power steering cover and the other one was zip tied to the radiator support out of sight.

·
Registered
258 Posts
NYA VW said:
I was thinking of upgrading my stock lights because I think they suck. So with that said what are my options?

Thanks

Btw.. I have a 2002 1.8T
I would recommend European Bi-Xenons or a Hella retrofit into your stock housings...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
glockfan said:
Mine is mounted to the headlight housing... :wink: What type of ballasts do you have? When I had the standard H7 headlamps, I located one Hella ballast under the power steering cover and the other one was zip tied to the radiator support out of sight.
yea I'd sure like the xenon unit route, but that ain't going to happen for me...anyway I already have the Philips xenon from my previous A4...they are the Philips 35W ballasts...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry for borrow this topic.

I tried to change the highbeam lamp whitout to remove the whole light house.
That was da** hard.
You other who have this HID mod, how did you change it?

·
Registered
150 Posts
pacent said:
I pulled off the bumper...Not the quickest way to do things, but I figured it was probably the cleanest.
Ok. I did that once, and have problem with getting the light at right position again. (change light after an accident).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I forgot to mentioned, The one by the battery gets hot as hell but i have a hella ballast so far so good...just letting you know....or maybe its my driving that thing is getting hot...and i mean hot that you cant even touch it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
Ornithologist
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing