Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Yesterday, whilst driving my 2004 B5.5 estate, the door open light came on, along with the beep and the 'Luggage Compartment Open' message on the dash.

I stopped and checked and it was closed securely and the light went off. Whilst driving home, the light etc. came on again a couple of times. After locking the car, the alarm went off a couple of times.

After doing some reading online, it sounds like a problem with the screenwash leaking behind the trim. This morning I removed the trim and could see some mould on the inside. I removed the clip on the screenwash hose, pulled it apart and reconnected it etc. I ran the screenwash and it looks like it's leaking from inside the wiper motor. To check if it's a blockage, I removed the nozzle from the back and tried again. Plenty of water came out of the hole for the nozzle, but water was still leaking from inside the motor housing.

Is this possible to fix fairly easily or am I looking at a new motor?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This JUST happened to me. The beeping is just the most awful thing in the entire world. I put up with it for about 3 weeks before I couldn't stand it any more.

I didn't have the time or tools to deal with it myself, so I brought it to the shop and it got a new motor, tailgate wiring, and latch. Came to about $750 USD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To stop the beeping and alarm, I've disconnected the sensor wire from the lock. Not ideal, but it will give the lock and the liner a chance to dry out before I reconnect it.

What tool would you recommend to remove the wiper arm from the motor? I may replace both.

I can get motors off eBay for £50, so am thinking of doing it myself.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I remember when I had my passat just over a year ago that whenever I operated the rear window screenwash I would hear the sound of water trickling within the door - Didn't realise the problem was so common!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts