Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just picked up a B5.5 Passat wagon and am playing around a bit with the lighting system.

I see this is an intro forum, locked to post at least twice so here's my into. B5.5 passat wagon daily driver from Alaska.

Been searching for a while with no luck, I want to run my City Lights on either my fog light detent or rear fog light detent (euro switch already installed)

The reason behind this is for a demon eye look, I want to install red LEDs in there but obviously don't want them illuminated all the time. I looked into de-pinning my headlight connector but appears the city lights are tied to side markers and rear license plate lights at that point.

I can't find a pin-out of my headlight connectors but my new idea is to run a wire from pin 10 of the headlight connector (rear fog light detent) to both front city lights at my headlight connectors. but I can't find which pin in the headlight connector is the city lights - any help?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yeah I figured, just needed my 2 "newb" posts and thought someone may be able to chime in. I'll go post over there, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts