Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone with a Bentley or just know what the voltages are supposed to be for the wires in the CCM harnesses? I don' have any power from any of the wires on the smaller plug and most of the other wires in the larger plug have 12 volts. I have no connection to the CCM via VCDS, and I just found that the ESP module in the back seat was covered in a black goo so I'll end up replacing that. If anyone has an idea let me know.

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
I don't know, but suspect the black goo on the ESP module was put there during production to protect against moisture.

Some of the CCM voltages are complicated and are not required to find and fix wiring problems.

It looks like you have a problem with the floor harnesses and grounds or the CCM, you can get this fault with or without water ingress.
Locate and fix source of water ingress, if any.
I suggest you completely unwrap all of the CCM harness and pull the wires apart to find the splices, any corroded splices need
to be cut back, soldered, and covered with marine grade heat shrink tubing. (You might need to add short wires to replace what you cut out)
Also check ground connections (1 on floor and on "A" Pillar), and check CCM/TCM and "A" Pillar connectors.

Have a good look at these links, before you start.

NOTE: The car in this DIY is UK RHD. (the CCM is always on LHS)
VW Passat CCM harness repair | HeadFUZZ

This thread attempts to bring together all the problems regarding water ingress and their solutions.
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/61-b5-information-base/230249-water-ingress-solutions.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The esp light has been on since I got the car, I believe the car had some liquids spilled on the back seat, when I took it off it was covered in black gunk. The ground on the ccm is fine, where is the ground on the a pillar? I have check the transmission module and it’s fine and the abs sensor seems to be fine, no errors from it and the car was breaking fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I was on mobile when I did that first one and must have missed your question, I cleared the codes after disconnecting ABS but it didn't change anything, ABS hasn't been an issue in the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe I found the problems with the doors, the area where you pull the hood release had 4 frayed wires I believe are the communication wires for each lock and window.

I found this because after checking the transmission module, it was nice and dry and I was upset that it wasn't my problem and hit my hand down in defeat, when lo and behold, I heard the lock to the door behind me lock and unlock. I went around to each boot, all the wires looked great, then I looked up a diagram and found were the wires go into the A-pillar and the had been "repaired" by the last owner.

I moved them around and the other back door locked and unlocked (on their own, I was not clicking lock unlock) If I can get the right Ohms, someone said around 63 is what it should be getting down the wire, I think it will fix some communication problems. I'll let you know sometime this week, busy with exams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.