Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mine's in the little cubby above your left knee. I figured (correctly, for me at least) that it wasn't something I would need to see all the time, so that spot is ok. If I'm curious, a quick glance down next to the steering wheel lets me know.

·
Registered
726 Posts
EnjoyTheView said:
I know there are topics about this all the time, but i was wondering if anyone had idea's about where else to put a boost gauge, other than the stearing column, the a-pillar, and the stereo cluster
I am doing this as soon as AWE makes a 12v gauge in the MK4 lighting.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I like the gauge up in the headliner. I was thinking about putting my apex-i digital boost controler there when i get it. Kinda different mounting location! But i think it would look better with 2 gauges. Looks like there's room!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dub-nation said:
EnjoyTheView said:
I know there are topics about this all the time, but i was wondering if anyone had idea's about where else to put a boost gauge, other than the stearing column, the a-pillar, and the stereo cluster

I wanted to do this for a long time after i saw it in the boston acoustics ride... But i could not find anyway who could make a pod like that, and boston acoustics wouldn't reply to any inquery's so i basically gave up hope.

I've looked into the tach LED gauge, but i'm pretty sure it's not something i would be able to do myself, and i don't know who could help with that

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
ok spanky, you might as well post whatever info you have on the LEDs in dash. i can't find the posting and dernit, i forgot until you showed it to me. :mad: stop spending my money :p

·
Registered
716 Posts
dub-nation said:

Can you help with some info on this one? Where can we find this vent/pod? This might be the answer some of us been looking for...

Thanks.

·
Registered
869 Posts
dub-nation said:
EnjoyTheView said:

This is the first one I've ever seen that I really like! A pillar boost guages just look bad IMO.

·
Registered
726 Posts
MDG said:
dub-nation said:

Can you help with some info on this one? Where can we find this vent/pod? This might be the answer some of us been looking for...

Thanks.
This is a custom piece, Boston fabricated this for their project Passat.

There are no plans for mass production, unless someelse picks it up.

But, when the right gauge comes in, I plan on taking apart my center air vent and fiberglassing and molding two gauges in the left vent. It will take sometime, but I have done stuff like this before and should be a problem.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
99blackmagic said:
ok spanky, you might as well post whatever info you have on the LEDs in dash. i can't find the posting and dernit, i forgot until you showed it to me. :mad: stop spending my money :p

But I love spending other peoples money! :lol:

Ian's website is: www.impconcepts.com

Just call or Email him, he is SUPER easy to deal with, and doens't make you fell ridiculously stupid if you don't know the answers. (like moi)

All I can say is not only do the ladies love it, it is fast, super accurate, and stealth. The ONLY downside is the downtime you'll be without the vehicles cluster. (about 3 days)

Hope that helped!
-steven

·
Registered
318 Posts
What do you guys think about this mounting setup? It is
the "off-center" look.

I'm getting the VDO boost gauge part #150-121 and
now I just need to figure out where to mount it.

This picture is from an Audi on the Audiworld forum

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I was considering putting mine in the ashtray. That way I could close the door and it would look stock. I also wouldn't have to worry so much about the gauge matching the rest of the dash. I've pretty much decided against that only because I'd like somewhere more in the line of sight. I'm either going with the Auto Meter steering column pod or the a-pillar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts