Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
different from my 2002

Neither of these are quite the same as my 2002 1.8T, the location of the suction pump is actually behind the engine, above and a bit to the right of the temp sender. The puck is located at a different place too. I saw a 2003 1.8T AWM and it had a very different setup.

· Registered
173 Posts
straight from etka...you are correct...2002 and 2003 have slightly different configurations.

somewhere under the hood on my 2003 there is a sticker with a schematic diagram of the intake and vacuum system. can't remember exactly where...but its somewhere you can readily see like the underside of the hood or on the top of the radiator support.

what are you trying to do? basic setup is the same...4 lines:
intake mani to dv
intake mani to fpr
N249 to intake mani
N249 to combi valve

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2265055

· Registered
20 Posts
I'm just trying to see where this mysterious shredded vacuum line goes,, and maybe it'll turn my cel off.. I ran it from the farthest to the rear nipple thats under the manifold to the combi,,, because the hose looked like thats the direction it was headed and it seemed to reach, and they were both empty nipples.. and the remnants of the hose that was still on the nipple looked like it was the same diameter hose line and same breed...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.