Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, was working on my wagon the other night with the goal of swapping the nasty old fuel filter but ran into rusty nuts that hold the undertray covering the fuel filter disintegrating on me. Now I k on to remove the old rusty nuts ill need some of those extrator bits, but what I'm at a loss at is finding out what replacement nuts from vw to get as I dont necessarily know what that undertray over the filter is called. Any help would be appreciated in figuring out the right hardware.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's a nut and bolt or a stud and nut? My rec is to use good stainless hardware. Or something with a high zinc coating.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a stud thats like welded to the body with a nut yeah. And for sure agree with the coating cause the previous ones are toast. I will have to destroy the old ones so I need to figure out the correct thread for new nuts though.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,595 Posts

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,595 Posts

A lot of other useful info in there as well.

Reactions: AndreasPassat

·
Registered
5,438 Posts

It's basically the same thing the guy behind the parts desk looks at on his computer at the dealership.
It requires some ingenuity to find a few select parts but most everything else is pretty straight forward.
Very handy tool set to have at your fingertips.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thankyou thankyou! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's basically the same thing the guy behind the parts desk looks at on his computer at the dealership.
It requires some ingenuity to find a few select parts but most everything else is pretty straight forward.
Very handy tool set to have at your fingertips.
Yeah seriously cool for sure, love hunting down all the correct oem parts for this car. Fun to need out on it a little.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts