1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Passat GLS 1.8T Sedan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Here I am again haha

So, my 2003 Passat B5.5 was given to me early this year, but it had a couple of problems, which I am learning and fixing it myself.

Last weekend I replaced all the spark plugs, and there was one spark plug (cylinder 2) that was way longer than the others (attached picture), I was impressed that it didn’t the cylinder. I looked up and it was definitely incompatible with my engine (1.8T AWM).

The problem now is: the only spark plug that didn’t torque at all was the cylinder 2, it went all the way in but it never snugs. The car is running fine, but I can hear what sounds like a compression leak.

What do you guys recommend? Rethreading the holes? If so, what rethreading kit would be the best for this engine? I also looked up but didn’t find great guide on how to do this. 😅

Thanks again for all the help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I belive the best repair kit is made by Timesert. They are expensive but they are made very well. You only get one shot at the repair so it's worth the money.

Check out the YouTube videos and Amazon reviews.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
I suggest you get it done by a head re-builder or engineering shop where they know what they are doing.
As arnoldcp said, you only get one shot at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts