Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
28,227 Posts
Then I don't know what's stopping the scanner from connecting. Usually it's an aftermarket radio. Does it connect to the rest of the car? If not, you may have a bad cable. I've had some issues with mine over time. Not sure if it's from being old and the cord is a bit stiff. It's kept in the house, so the excess heat is not an issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Motor mounts have been in for a week. Shaking is gone. ABS module is not communicating with ob2 port. I need to test the wires but I don’t have a wiring diagram for it. Also I just got new keys, is the dealership the only place that can cut them??

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Motor mounts have been in for a week. Shaking is gone. ABS module is not communicating with ob2 port. I need to test the wires but I don’t have a wiring diagram for it. Also I just got new keys, is the dealership the only place that can cut them??
Many locksmiths can cut the keys, but only VW dealers or approved shops can match the immobiliser RFID chips to the car.

Or you can do it with VCDS and XTool.
Immobiliser Key matching
You will need the SKC for this procedure with VCDS.
The XTool VAG401 can be used to retrieve the SKC (Security Key Code) from the cluster.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Many locksmiths can cut the keys, but only VW dealers or approved shops can match the immobiliser RFID chips to the car.

Or you can do it with VCDS and XTool.
Immobiliser Key matching
You will need the SKC for this procedure with VCDS.
The XTool VAG401 can be used to retrieve the SKC (Security Key Code) from the cluster.
Can you scan all modules other than the ABS ?
Yes

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
I think you would find the ABS pump fuse #53 on the 8 position relay carrier. (30A or 50A ?)
And you should use a meter to check for voltage from fuse #7.

·
Registered
28,227 Posts
It's under the lower dash cover on the driver's side. I think the 8 position is the one farther behind the regular relay panel and also further up. This is the 13 position relay, the fuse box is on the left side of the pic.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts