17526/P1118/004376 - Ross-Tech Wiki

000280 G62 signal too high
P0118 coolant sensor 1 too high
16502 Coolant temp signal too high G62
16502/P0118/000280 - Ross-Tech Wiki

000054 O2 B1S2 open circuit
P0036 heater control circuit B1S2
16420/P0036/000054 - Ross-Tech Wiki
Okay so. 00930 central locking. A deer hit the side of my car and messed some stuff up in the door.

Still working on the brake booster.

Last year I had to replace the pcv system and the coolant flange. Causing me to gut the right half of the engine bay about 6 times because we were trying to find the leak which ended up being the flange. Last time I put the engine bay back together I accidentally pressed an 02 sensor wire up against a coolant pipe without realizing it until many months later.

What’s odd is I don’t have any of the symptoms for the coolant censor circuit code

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,200 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
That last video, what is that?
Mount the camera on a stand sitting on the ground pointed at the engine or the car body will a be a better testament as to what is actually 'shaking'. Is the car sitting on all 4 tires on the ground?

I can hear a faint tell tale sign of clicking, I'm calling it, the ABS pump is faulty.
I'll eat my words in the end if I'm wrong.

Have you put a vacuum gauge on the engine while it's running?
I tried to take the video, but the sound decided to disappear. I took it around the block and get it up to temp and it still wouldn’t make the noise. I didn’t everything I could to make the noise come back but it won’t

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The part that was talked about solving the issue in the thread that you sent me was replaced last year, along with surrounding parts. It is oriented correctly as well

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
New find. When put in drive while applying brakes,the front of the car raises about an inch

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,200 Posts
The car, or the engine raises about an inch?

If the car...what its the RPM at idle in neutral or park? Should be about 750-780.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
That car, or the engine raises about an inch?

If the car...what its the RPM at idle in neutral or park? Should be about 750-780.
Engine raises 1.5-2 inches. Vehicle raises about an inch.
RPM at neutral and park are 780

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,200 Posts
Engine raises 1.5-2 inches. Vehicle raises about an inch.
RPM at neutral and park are 780
You're going to want to get some new motor mounts and snub mount. When the engine moves that much, it can cause vibration in the driveline.
Some reading material:

FYI, I was able to jack up the engine high enough to remove the mounts without dropping any subframe brackets, IIRC.

Reactions: cchief22

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
You're going to want to get some new motor mounts and snub mount. When the engine moves that much, it can cause vibration in the driveline.
Some reading material:
This all makes... so much sense

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Okay everyone. I have to wait for either my tax return or the next stimulus to get everything I need to make a major jump forward in fixing everything on the car. I’m in school so I’m fairly certain I can’t work on it until the summer when I’m home with all of my tools and such. Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it. I’m sorry if I’ve made this more difficult than it had to be. I hope to talk to y’all again soon

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,200 Posts
Okay everyone. I have to wait for either my tax return or the next stimulus to get everything I need to make a major jump forward in fixing everything on the car. I’m in school so I’m fairly certain I can’t work on it until the summer when I’m home with all of my tools and such. Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it. I’m sorry if I’ve made this more difficult than it had to be. I hope to talk to y’all again soon
No worries (from me at least). Sometimes it just takes a little time to weed through all the evidence at hand and find what is causing a particular issue. We'll be here to assist when you're ready to dive in. In the meantime, you'll have plenty of time to research how to replace various items.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
No worries (from me at least). Sometimes it just takes a little time to weed through all the evidence at hand and find what is causing a particular issue. We'll be here to assist when you're ready to dive in. In the meantime, you'll have plenty of time to research how to replace various items.
Thank you. She has a lot of problems, as to be expected with 264,000 on the ol odometer. Glad y’all could be here to help. I’ll hopefully be returning soon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
To echo what VAGguy mentioned earlier, the implausible signal from the brake booster might be caused by a failing suction jet. You can buy the whole assembly for $20 on amazon Valve Breather Hose Assembly B5 and you'd also need cable clamps.
If you’re referring to the hose and valve assembly in the rear top of the engine between the coolant reservoir and the engine, that has already been replaced.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
It is almost certain that you have a faulty ABS, you can just leave that disconnected until you get it repaired, it's not working anyway.
It is very likely that a faulty CTS or its wiring is causing some of your problem.
There is no such thing as an ABS related vacuum pump code. If you could post all of the actual codes, that would help.
I’ll leave it plugged in. My brake light comes on when I disconnect it and it beeps when I start it, so I’ll just leave it plugged in. All of the codes are posted. I’m at college and don’t have the scanner so if I need more specific readings I’m going to have to wait

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I’ll leave it plugged in. My brake light comes on when I disconnect it and it beeps when I start it, so I’ll just leave it plugged in. All of the codes are posted. I’m at college and don’t have the scanner so if I need more specific readings I’m going to have to wait
I replaced the cts when I changed my coolant flange. I’ll replace the wire when I replace the 02 sensor wire

41 - 60 of 91 Posts