Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I'm a B1 fan, and this is my car, Frank:

He was born in Germany in October 1979, and landed in Australia in January 1980. I have owned him since December 2008 and he's my daily drive. I have a blog about his restoration, which can be found here

VWDasher.com

I am looking for fellow B1 owners, and hoping they'd like to participate in a B1 calendar. If you're interested, please check out more info here

Would you be interested in a B1 calendar? - VWDasher Forum

The B1 is a hoot of a car to own, and a bit of a PITA when hunting for parts. :lol: Especially here in Australia, because they weren't a big seller and don't have the cult following that the Golf does. But hey, it makes my car all the more unusual, right? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

Manly is a fun part of Sydney, I haven't been there in years. Actually I haven't had the chance to visit Sydney in a long time :( Frank needs an engine overhaul, once that's done I can take him to the Dub nationals held in Sydney :) Did you ever travel outside of Sydney whilst you were here?

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
We did see a lot of the east, but unfortunately with work and Uni schedules it was difficult to get a lot of time off & save cash. We saw a lot of NSW. We camped up and down the coast from Sydney to Bryon Bay on several surf trips. We made it to Melbourne for several days. We ended up going to the Australian Open and checked out the city. It is very different from Sydney, it has a more European feel to it, at least we thought so. We liked it better,but the weather is better in Sydney ;) We drove the Great Ocean Road to the 12 Apostles and slowly made our way to the Hamilton area for a good old sheep farm wedding (seriously), it was great!!! We made it to Cairns and also got to see the Great Barrier Reef. We also went to Fiji & New Zealand (3 times). We also made it to 5 games of the RWC, that was awesome. We were going to Bali, but decide against it after the tragedy. Hopefully, we can go back again soon. We absolutely loved it!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many Apostles were there when you went? Thanks to erosion there are only three left now :( The Great Ocean Road is one of those amazingly beautiful drives everyone should do once in their lives.

Melbourne's a pretty place, very similar to San Fran architecturally speaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts