Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me about these?I have a chance to get a set of these and was wondering if anyone has experience with them..How do they ride,handle,last?..........Saw them at waterfest and am wondering...Please help...

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
They're very low compared to other springs.
Lowers at least 2 inches I beleive. I've only see negative comments
here. One of the reasons may be because it's hard to match
aftermarket shocks with them? Just a guess.

You may be better of with coil-overs if it's the slammed
look you want. And then you have to start thinking about other
problems cropping up when going that low, like camber issues,
scraping, etc.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Colin has a great point. Going that low does put extra stress on axles, control arms, and tires. You're wear will increase if you dont have a way to correct the camber issues.

As for the B&G's I would talk to Cav B5. He has these springs matched with Bilstien sports IIRC and he likes them. IMO, they are more harsh then my coilover setup. Cav agree's to my findings. the ride is stiff, and it looks really nice but there are pro's and con's to it all. BTW, it does lower the car about 2 inches in the front, and about 1.75 in the rear. Real aggressive look.

HTH,
Steve

·
Registered
993 Posts
I got and they do: real low drop ( good bye machine washes: if you still go there;careful on speed bumps.) and the ride is kinda harsh (but less than my bro's ole 968)
i haven't had any problems, aside from a slight alignment pull ( from a few bumps) :nervous:
I guess the springs aren't as popular, or more "racey" (not ricey!). They look great and handle very well.
the drop gives it a serious stance. One of my favorites.
good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.