Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here goes another chip comparison :crazy: This might be a big help to any unchipped folks trying to sort through all the opinions out there. I know everyone has their own favorite chip and some chips seem better than others, but lots of people are really confused as to which one would be best for them. But let's see if we can just describe the chips by answering a few basic questions on all the chips out there. Maybe this will be a good thread for those still learning.

Which chip do you have? What car/engine? Price?

At what RPM does your chip kick in and you feel a difference in the power over the stock engine?

What are the boost levels... if you have a guage?

Try to describe the seat of the pants feeling or how your chip differs from stock?

Do you have any other comments to add or problems with your chip or the support from the manufacturer?

Rank the chips (that you have experience or knowledge of) in your opinion (1=low, 5=high satisfaction/value/performance)
(i.e. neuspeed=2, upsolute=3, APR/GIAC=4)

·
0 Posts
Hey spooner there is so much info on chips floating around already, you will get a far better perspective from doing a search than you will from a poll, because as each of us got our chips we described in detail how it effected our cars. just a little advice.

I have a GIAC and i recommend.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
I think the general consensus you'll find is that they all share similar performance increases...the big differences will be:

- customer service
- proximity of local installer
- and unique features such as soft programming vs. chipping, etc., controlling from remote, etc. etc.

but yeah, do a search

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice to both of you julian and 20V. I have done countless searches myself on the subject and found some very heated threads. I was hoping to get a more simple comparison from everyone to help me and others.
Hopefully we will get some attempt to answer these questions.
Bob

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
This may also turn into a heated thread :weirdo:

anyways......you're going to be getting alot of opinions on diff chips out there. and also people saying that APR is better or Wett is better or Giac is better and so on......because thats what they have :wink:

I have the APR v3.0 chip :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Maybe with search on limited duty this poll makes sense as it may be harder to find older threads with comments.

Anyway, I have a Wett chip in my '02, 1.8T, 5spd. Selected due to:

1. Socketing
2. Price
3. Fairly local install/service. I was not going to pull and mail the ECU.

Wett has reputation of being smoother, but less agressive. Not driven other chips to compare, but difference between this and stock is pronounced.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
MDG
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing