Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oops! Raxles, not Raxels!!
Just had boot completed for under $200.00 . I had no clicking and the word China axels do not support my make America great again. My car has had that boot done three times and i have never driven the car in winter. The car is pristine and at my age have to sub out most of my work so i had people tell me $250.00 for an axel but that number turns to $350.00 very quickly. I went to a shop that sell used Audi and have had work done there prior and i am pleased and will go again! The shop is North Bay Imports if any one wants quality work done and they hold there quotes and have discounts if asked..The shop is in East Winsor Ct ask for Chris Garlan

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,573 Posts
Glad you got it taken care of. FYI, you have a German car. Most, if not all standard replacement parts for it will not be made in America. The boot was likely made elsewhere as well.

By the way, the consumer is almost 100% at fault for the lack of products made domestically. Everyone wants it at the lowest possible price. To do that and maintain a profit, the company needs to produce it in countries with lower labor and overhead costs. You yourself wanted to save money. We're all a part of that issue. <stepping off soapbox>

Raxles is an american company, so there's, that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Glad you got it taken care of. FYI, you have a German car. Most, if not all standard replacement parts for it will not be made in America. The boot was likely made elsewhere as well.

By the way, the consumer is almost 100% at fault for the lack of products made domestically. Everyone wants it at the lowest possible price. To do that and maintain a profit, the company needs to produce it in countries with lower labor and overhead costs. You yourself wanted to save money. We're all a part of that issue. <stepping off soapbox>

Raxles is an american company, so there's, that.
Boot was made in Italy the shop that installed it said above and beyond the quality he has seen.The shop said early boots tore very easy the newer ones seem to last longer. I was shopping when my wife bought the Passat but, i was sent by the Audi dealer because he said for $7000 less you get the same quality. Every part says Audi on it with Porshe quality., I like the gas mileage we get and at 190HP it does the job.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I'll bet North Bay Imports would appreciate your referral. I occasionally check the local of members, and it looks like East Windsor Connecticut is a nice place to be. Almost diagonal across the country from me; I'm in a hilly area north of San Diego CA. As of this moment; 52 F and rainy where you are, 94 F in Fallbrook.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts