Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I'm really agonizing over what wheels I'm going to purchase. I'm trying to decide between the two wheels mentioned in the subject line, in 18x8 and 17x8 respectively. The 18's would be shod with 225/40WR18 Pirelli PZero Nero M&S tires and the 17's with 225/45WR17 of the same tire. I've looked very closely at Bleser's beautiful B5 with the AVS wheels on it, and love the look. I have, however, not seen a B5 with the RK's on it. Does anyone have a picture of their (or someone else's) car with these wheels? I've seen at least one person mention that they are running them, but didn't see that they had posted pictures.

I'm thinking the RK's are a better choice, as they are a better fit to what the overall purpose of the car is being setup as - a moderate/high speed highway car _to be driven in all weather conditions_. They're lighter and I can fit a tire with a taller sidewall on 'em for a better ride and more protection against road hazards while maintaining stock overall wheel diameter (this is important to me).

Pictures? Thoughts? Opinions?

Abe

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking at this point. Do you, or does anyone else out there, have a picture of their (or someone elses car) with the 17x8 RK's on them? I've seen tons of picture of B5's with 18's but not a lot with 17's.

Abe

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ahem..... here's mine with 17" RKs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
V-MANN
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing