Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

For those of you who haven't stumbled upon my last post (Post Your HP Evo's! - Rim Gallery, no 56K!) or haven't looked at it in a while to see the latest new, please do.

The bottom line is that I would NEVER recommend that organization (the Wheelguyz) to my worst enemy even if it were the only place on the planet to purchase wheels. They have, by far, the worst customer service of any company I have ever come into contact with.

Click here for more information:

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75291&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Sorry to hear that! Their Ebay feed back is very high and I had no problems. I think they might be getting alittle to busy and need to get more help. Seems though you have to talk to the right people there.
Sorry for your problems but I had none.
Just a note when I called to order the rims (EVO'S) I was told up front that they were waiting for them to come in about another month and I said OK I will call back then and they said they could put me on a list if I give a deposit. So I gave a $200 deposit and told them everything I wanted. Then when the wheels came in they called and verified everything and gave me a ship date and shipped the wheel to me in 3 days.
The wheels are the Hottest wheel they sell and get like 700 of them in at a time and within a month there all gone till the next shipment comes in.
They should have told you that there not in stock at the time.
I would call HP racing and complain to them about their service and ask where else you can get the wheels.
www.hpracing.com

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
IMXTREEM2 said:
Everyone,

For those of you who haven't stumbled upon my last post (Post Your HP Evo's! - Rim Gallery, no 56K!) or haven't looked at it in a while to see the latest new, please do.

The bottom line is that I would NEVER recommend that organization (the Wheelguyz) to my worst enemy even if it were the only place on the planet to purchase wheels. They have, by far, the worst customer service of any company I have ever come into contact with.

Click here for more information:

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75291&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I have 2 friends who bought wheels from them . they were really happy
You know sometimes you can't just jump into a deal cause its cheap
You have to be calm and do a little research before putting $1000.00 into something.
Recently I bought a set of rims from a guy in TN .
they are mille miglia A1 , those rims were made especially for VW-AUDI and they fit the OEM wheels specs. no hubcentric rims no nothing.
i paid $600 shipped , but UPS lost one of the rims and Tirerack is backordered for god knows when.
So now Im $600 short , 3 rims sitting at my place and i dont know what to do....
I should check if the rims were still available for sale in case one rim gets bent or lost.

Ahhh Im riding on stelies.

Ask me if i lernead my lesson. helll yeahhh....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah seriously... I was 100% calm, collected, and cooperative for the last 7 days of dealing with their crap. I tried and tried, not because I thought they were a great company or I liked how they did things - simply because I wanted my wheels and tires and I was forced to play the nice guy and take their endless $h!t in hopes my order would come how I wanted it. After finding out they lied just to get the sale, and that they truly had no idea when I was actually going to receive the product they billed me for the day I first called them, I lost all respect. Additionally, their poor service is inexcusable. I have never been one to complain about ANY retailer, but if I didn't exercise that right for this situation I think I would be helping them screw over many other people because they didn't know what they were getting into. For every person that is pissed about a transaction and/or how they were treated who speaks about it, there are 5 more who don't.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt from day one and here's what they threw at me: A good package price (on the outside) that really meant: A huge clusterf**k. With this package, you truly get some of the worst tires, incorrect product recommendations, lack of necessary accessory recommendations (correct lugs, hub centric rings, etc), inability to update and order after 7 days of trying, lying about shipment dates and ETA's, lying about stocked products, inability to fax any sort of confirmation, inability to answer the phone, inability to return phone calls, employees who are uneducated as to what they sell vs. what people need, rudeness, unresponsive email addresses, and lack of understanding as to what it takes to fix all of the above. They couldn't even offer a credit without a huge argument where they ended up hanging up on a customer who's now out $1,039.00.

I understand there will be satisfied customers from there. I'd be curious to see if they're just satisfied with the product or the company itself though... Bolting on your new rims can make a lot of preliminary headaches go away - unfortunately I never got that far and didn't see light at the end of the tunnel.

:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts